The Hyundai Ioniq Electric is an affordable electric hatchback that pairs a modern design with a spacious interior, embodying eco-friendliness and efficiency as an electric car in the automotive industry. This Hyundai Ioniq Electric EV checklist will guide you through your buying experience.
(A) Hyundai Ioniq Electric Checklist: Pre-Pickup Items
1. Check all dealership paperwork for the correct name and address for all buyers.
2. Confirm the actual vehicle’s VIN matches all of your paperwork.
3. Verify that the vehicle’s body color, interior, options, and wheels match what you configured.
4. Bring proof of down payment having been made if sent before, and the final payment if required.
5. Bring a printed insurance card if possible, if not, bring a digital copy.
6. Download the MyHyundai App.
(B) Hyundai Ioniq Electric Checklist: Exterior Inspection
1. Inspect body exterior paint for defects.
2. Inspect under the car for signs of damage or scratches from test drives or transport.
3. Check along all body panels for gaps or misalignment, especially the hatch gap, charge port door, passenger side door/quarter panel alignment.
4. Inspect wheel rims for damage and all 4-valve stem covers on tires.
5. Inspect all glass. It should look clear with no damage.
6. Check for proper windshield trim installation.
7. Test all doors to ensure they open and close easily.
8. Check all exterior lights for condensation.
9. Inspect the all-weather seals around door gaps and windows for damage and fitment.
10. Test opening the hatch and unlocking doors with the key fob.
(C) Hyundai Ioniq Electric Checklist: In The Driver’s Seat
1. Verify the vehicle is charged to 100% if required for travel to the home destination.
2. Set driver profile and seat memory system.
3. Check for any error messages on the display screen.
4. Make sure the latest system software updates are installed by checking for updates on the system screen.
5. Check each window operation for speed and any noises.
6. Make sure heat and air conditioning work at full power.
7. Make sure heated seats and steering wheel work if equipped.
8. Test the sound system to ensure all speakers are working, especially the amp.
9. Test steering wheel repositioning.
10. Test the vehicle’s horn.
11. Check the windshield for a distorted view.
12. Test the windshield wipers.
13. Check side mirror folding and positioning operation.
14. Check sun visor operation and mirror condition.
15. Check the rearview mirror for clarity.
16. Test navigation and voice command.
(D) Hyundai Ioniq Electric Checklist: Interior Inspection
1. Inspect interior upholstery and all surfaces for damage or issues with build.
2. Check the windshield and windows for cracks, chips, or distortion.
3. Check all seat belts for proper operation and condition.
4. Check seats for noises – check all directions of adjustment.
5. Check that the rear seats fold down properly.
6. Test the back seat to ensure it is securely attached by pulling upwards.
(E) Hyundai Ioniq Electric Checklist: Connectivity Inspection
1. Test connectivity in USB ports – there are 2 USB-As in the front of the car and 1 USB-C in the rear passenger area.
2. Check if the 12-volt DC receptacle has power.
3. Test the connectivity of the wireless phone charger.
4. Test key fobs’ operation.
5. Pair your smartphone to your vehicle via Bluetooth.
(F) Hyundai Ioniq Electric Checklist: Lighting Inspection
1. Check vanity mirror lights and front lights.
2. Check the dome light.
3. Inspect and check all door lights, including latch and window button.
4. Check steering wheel control lights.
5. Check glovebox operation, including the light.
6. Check trunk lights.
7. Test the headlights (low and high beam).
8. Check the front and rear turn signal lights.
9. Check brake lights.
(G) Hyundai Ioniq Electric Checklist: Inspect Charging Ability
1. Check that the charge port door opens and latches correctly.
2. Check the charge port indicator light.
3. Test the charger on-site.
4. Test at Level 2 and Level 3 charger if available.
(H) Hyundai Ioniq Electric Checklist: App Setup And Final Items
1. Sync the Kia Connect App to the vehicle.
2. If there are more than one driver, add them to the driver profile on the app and on the vehicle.
3. Set up the Verizon Wireless hotspot trial and connect your phone to it.
4. Verify any additional items that were specified as being included with the purchase.
Disclaimer: Electric Vehicle Buyer Guides provided by EV Universe are for educational purposes only and do not constitute advice on the acceptability, performance, pricing or any other factor of the purchasing experience of a vehicle.
More on EV Universe:
- Explore More EVs: Check out our comprehensive listings page for detailed information on top electric vehicles.
- Shop EV Parts: We’re more than just a source of information. Browse our extensive marketplace for a variety of EV parts and products.
- Insights & Updates: Stay updated in the world of electric vehicles with our insights section. Dive into our in-depth reviews, educational pieces, and the latest news.