EV UNIVERSE, INC.
- Information We Collect. Information is gathered from the EV Universe Sites by us, our service providers, advertisers, sponsors and partners.
- Information You Provide. We may collect information that you choose to provide on the EV Universe Sites in a variety of ways, such as when you:
- register for one of our products or services. This information may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, Social Security Number, and credit information;
- make information available to us via social networking logins, such as Facebook or Twitter;
- express an interest in buying, selling or trading in a car;
- participate in chats, web forums, or other interactive sessions;
- apply for credit with a dealer or one of our finance partners;
- provide payment card information for one of our products or services;
- subscribe to newsletters or provide feedback; and
- participate in surveys, sweepstakes or other promotions.
- Automated Information. Information regarding your use of the EV Universe Sites may be collected and/or aggregated through the use of automated means. This automatically collected information may include information such as:
- your IP address, the type of browser and operating system used;
- date and time you access the EV Universe Sites and pages you visit, and if you linked from or to another website, the address of that website;
- email you open and links you click on within those email;
- your ISP or mobile carrier, and the type of handheld or mobile device that you used; and
- your behavior while using our site, including the time you spend on portions of the site and how you interact with various aspects of the site.
- Various technologies are used to automatically collect information, such as cookies, local shared objects, and web beacons (generally referred to as “Data Technologies”. “Cookies” are small identifiers sent from a web server that are stored on your device for the purpose of identifying your browser or storing information or settings in your browser. “Local shared objects,” sometimes known as Flash Cookies, may be used to store your preferences or display content based upon what you have viewed on various websites to personalize your visit. A “web beacon,” also known as an internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies. Anonymous advertising identifiers are increasingly being used on mobile devices and otherwise in a manner similar to Cookies. When we refer to Data Technologies, we are including all current and similar future technologies.
- One or more Data Technologies may be used on the EV Universe Sites and other websites and mobile applications (that may not be the EV Universe Sites) by us, by another party on our behalf, or by third parties in accordance with their privacy policies. Data Technologies may be used by us and others, on our behalf and on their own behalf, to transmit information to you or about you and connect information about you from different sources, websites, devices, and mobile applications.
- Photos and Videos. We may target and track the photos and videos you view on the Sites. You consent to our tracking of your photo and video viewing through the Site or third party social media for up to two years or as permitted by applicable law.
- Location Information. When you download or use the EV Universe Sites, we may collect physical location information that is sufficiently precise to allow us to locate a specific person or device (“Location Information”). We only collect Location Information with your permission (e.g., such as when you agree to provide it to us after you initially access or download the EV Universe Sites). We may use Location Information and provide it to third parties to provide you with content and services that are relevant to a particular location, such as advertising, search results, dealers in the area, and direction, to evaluate and improve the EV Universe Sites, or to provide you with content and services relevant to one or more nearby dealers.
- Publicly Posted Information. Information that you make available to us and others via social media networks, forums, blogs, list serves, chat rooms or similar functionality is public information that we or others may share or use in accordance with the law.
- Combined Information and Information from Other Sources. We may combine information that you provide to us with information we receive from our affiliates and other sources, as well as with other information that is automatically collected. The combined information may include information about your use of the EV Universe Sites, your use of other websites, devices and mobile applications and information from our affiliates and other sources.
- How We May Use the Information We Collect. We may use information we collect for the following purposes:
- for everyday business purposes, such as establishing and managing your user account, providing products and services you request, processing and collecting payments and providing customer support;
- to create listings and advertisements for any cars and other vehicles that you list for sale with us. These lists and advertisements may appear on the EV Universe Sites and other websites, mobile applications or services of third parties;
- to offer our other products or services and/or the products or services of others to you;
- to communicate about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes and other offers or promotions;
- to enable you to interact with EV Universe and our users, dealers, manufacturers and others through various means, such as through our message boards, blogs and social media;
- to evaluate and improve our business, including developing new products and services and analyzing the effectiveness of products, services, applications and websites;
- to provide or sell to third parties to allow them to market or advertise their products or services to you;
- to diagnose and address technical and service problems;
- to perform data analyses, including market and Consumer research, trend analysis, demographic analysis and financial analysis;
- to deliver content (including advertising) correlating to your interests and browsing and usage history, both within the EV Universe Sites and on other websites and applications;
- to comply with applicable legal requirements and our policies; and
- to contact you via telephone, text or chat. We will obtain your consent to contact you when and in the manner required by law.
- Advertising that is customized based on predictions generated over time from your visits across different websites, devices and mobile applications is sometimes called “online behavioral” or “interest-based” advertising. We may partner with advertising networks, which are companies that deliver targeted advertisements to Consumers and generate statistics and metrics related to the delivery of interest-based advertisements. They may utilize information collected through a variety of Data Technologies to provide customization, auditing, research and reporting for us, our affiliates and other advertisers. This data collection takes place both on the EV Universe Sites and on third-party’s websites and mobile applications. This process allows EV Universe and third parties to deliver targeted advertising, enhance marketing programs and help track the effectiveness of such efforts. Our advertising networks also may use this information for determining or predicting the characteristics and preferences of their respective advertising audiences and measuring the effectiveness of their advertising in accordance with their privacy policies.
- We do not provide information that is directly associated with a specific person (such as name and address) to an advertising network when you interact with or view a customized advertisement. However, when you view or interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may make an assumption that you are interested in the subject matter of the advertisement.
- Some companies disclose when they are using interest-based advertising programs on the EV Universe Sites to deliver third-party ads or collecting information about your visit for these purposes and give you the ability to opt-out of this use of your information. You may see an icon in or around third-party advertisements on the EV Universe Sites that use interest-based advertising programs and on pages where data is collected and used for online interest-based advertising. Clicking on this icon will provide additional information about the companies and data practices that were used to deliver the ad. You can opt out of delivery of targeted advertising to you by multiple companies by visiting www.aboutads.info/choices, www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and www.evidon.com. Please note that even if you opt out, you will continue to receive advertisements, but they will not be tailored to your specific interests.
Information We Share.
- We do not sell or otherwise share information about you that we collect or receive, except as described below:
- Affiliates. We may share information about you, including Personal Information, with our corporate affiliates, who will use it in accordance with their privacy policies.
- Co-Sponsored Promotions. In the event that you participate in a survey, sweepstakes, contest or other promotion that is co-sponsored by EV Universe and a third party, we may share information collected in conjunction with the survey, sweepstakes, contest or promotion, including Personal Information, with that third party. After the information is provided to those third parties, the subsequent use or disclosure of such information is subject to their privacy policies and practices. Surveys, sweepstakes and other promotions conducted on behalf of EV Universe and a third party will include branding from both EV Universe and the third party.
- Promotions on behalf of Third Parties. Periodically, third parties may conduct surveys, contests, sweepstakes and other promotions for their own purpose on the EV Universe Sites. Information you provide in response to those activities is governed by their privacy policies. Surveys, sweepstakes and other promotions conducted solely for the purpose of a third party will include only the third party’s branding.
- Buyers, Sellers, Dealers and Manufacturers. Information about you, including Personal Information and Data Technologies, may be shared with sellers, dealers and manufacturers, and their agents and third party service providers, who will use that information in accordance with their own privacy policies. For example:
- If you are interested in a particular listing of a car for sale, information about you may be shared with the buyer or seller of that particular car or similar cars or dealers in your area, for example when you submit a lead request or enter into a chat with the buyer or seller;
- We may provide manufacturers, their agents or third party service providers, with information about you that we provided to their franchised dealers;
- We may provide manufacturers, their agents or third party service providers, with information about you if you are interested in certified pre-owned vehicles; or
- We may provide manufacturers, their agents or third party service providers, and dealers with information about you when you access the EV Universe Sites via EV Universe branded advertising and/or functionality found on their websites or other third party websites.
- Corporate and Asset Transactions. If we sell all or substantially all of our business or sell or transfer all or a material part of our assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a substantial part of our business, we may transfer all information we have collected and stored, including Personal Information, to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction.
- Other. We may access or disclose information, including Personal Information, to:
- protect or defend our interests and the legal rights or property of EV Universe and our affiliates;
- protect the rights, interests, safety and security of users of the EV Universe Sites or members of the public;
- protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or
- comply with prudent legal practice as we may determine, and applicable law or legal process.
- You are entitled to make certain choices about how we communicate with you.
- You may choose not to provide Personal Information, even though that might impact your ability to register or receive a particular product or service.
- If you do not want to receive marketing email from us, you can follow the unsubscribe link provided in those emails.
- If you do not want to receive interest-based advertisements, you can opt out as discussed in the “Advertising Networks” section above.
- You have a number of choices regarding certain Data Technologies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser’s setting to decline cookies if you prefer. You may also render some web beacons unusable by rejecting their associated cookies and disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on’s settings or opting out at www.Evidon.com or the website of the technology provider. If you choose to decline Cookies or similar technologies, however, please note that certain features may not function properly or at all as a result. You may be able to adjust the use of advertising identifiers on mobile devices through the settings on your device. Finally, if you do not want to use a uniquely generated telephone number, you may choose to not call us.
- If you do not want us to use Location Information, you can decline our initial invitation to provide that information, or opt out by changing the location services settings on your mobile device. However, please note that certain features may not function properly or at all as a result if you opt out.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Category Examples (EV Universe collects at least one of the examples from each category) Collected Business Purpose for Collection (*see note below) A. Identifiers. A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers. YES 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 B. Personal Information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)). A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some Personal Information included in this category may overlap with other categories. YES 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law. Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information). YES 9, 10, 11 D. Commercial information Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. YES 2, 3, 4, 6, 9, 10, 11 E. Biometric information. Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data. NO N/A F. Internet or other similar network activity. Browsing history, search history, information on a Consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement. YES 3, 4, 9, 10 G. Geolocation data. Physical location or movements. YES 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10 H. Sensory data. Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information. NO N/A I. Professional or employment-related information. Current or past job history or performance evaluations. NO N/A J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)). Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records. NO N/A K. Inferences drawn from other Personal Information. Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes. YES 1, 3, 4, 7, 9, 10
* Note: The numbers in this column refer to the list of uses in the section above entitled How We May Use The Information We Collect. We obtain the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly and indirectly from activity on our website (www.EVUniverse.com). For example, from customer submissions through our website or customer usage details collected automatically.
- Directly from our customers or their agents. For example, from documents that our clients provide to us related to the services for which they engage us.
- From other third-parties.
Sharing Personal Information We may disclose your Personal Information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose Personal Information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that Personal Information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract. In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for a business purpose: Category A: Identifiers. Category B: California Customer Records Personal Information categories. Category C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law. Category K: Inferences drawn from other Personal Information. We disclose your Personal Information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Our affiliates.
- Service providers. For example, sharing information with a marketing campaign service provider.
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your Personal Information in connection with products or services we provide to you. For example, providing tools which allow a customer to contact an automotive dealership and express their interest in a vehicle.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have sold the following categories of Personal Information: Category A: Identifiers. Category B: California Customer Records Personal Information categories. Category C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law. Category K: Inferences drawn from other Personal Information. Your Rights and Choices The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights. Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable Consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 entitles California users to request information concerning whether a business has disclosed certain information about you to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California users who wish to request further information in compliance with this law or have questions or concerns about our privacy practices and policies may contact us as specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below. Deletion Request Rights You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected about you and retained, subject to certain exceptions in the CCPA. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable Consumer request, we will delete your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies, and we will direct our service providers to similarly delete your Personal Information from their records. Right to Opt-Out of Sales You have the right to opt-out of our sale of your Personal Information. To the extent that we sell your Personal Information, as the term “sell” is defined under the CCPA, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information by us to third parties at any time. You may submit a request to opt-out by clicking [DO NOT SELL LINK]. Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a “verifiable Consumer request” (defined below) to us by either:
- Calling us at [PHONE].
- Visiting [PRIVACY REQUEST LANDING PAGE]
Only you or someone you authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable Consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable Consumer request on behalf of your minor child. A verifiable Consumer request must:
- Provide enough information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative; and
- Describe your request with enough detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
Access and Correction
Access to information that we collect and maintain about you may be available to you. For example, if you created a password-protected account within the EV Universe Sites, you can access that account to update the information you previously provided. Additionally, if you believe that information we maintain about you is inaccurate, subject to applicable law, you may request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
We use commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical security measures designed to safeguard information about you in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. Of course, despite these measures, we cannot guarantee perfect security of networks, servers and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
How to Contact Us