Effective date: August 8, 2022
Information We Collect About You
When you use or access the Website, we may collect personal information directly from you, such as the following:
- Profile information, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, and profile image.
- Business information, such as your job title and information about your employer or organization, including dealership name, address, phone number, website, hours of operation, and how many new and used vehicles your dealership has.
- Registration and account information, including your username and password.
- Payment information, such as your billing address, payment card number, expiration date, and security code.
- Information you submit in connection with listing a vehicle for sale on the Website, including vehicle images, descriptions, location, service history, features, specs information, vehicle identification number (VIN), and what forms of payment, such as cryptocurrencies or vehicle trades, you would accept from buyers.
- Information you submit in connection with inquiries you make of vehicle sellers through the Website, including your contact information and other information included in your inquiry.
- Any other information you submit when you contact us through the Website, including any information you provide in a submission through our Contact page or newsletter subscription form, in a review of a seller on our Website, or in using features such as our estimated payment calculator.
We also may collect certain other information automatically when you visit the Website, such as the following:
- Browser and Device Information. Certain information may be automatically collected by most browsers or devices, such as information about user devices (such as IP addresses and MAC addresses), operating systems, and browsers.
- Pixel Tags and Log Files. The Website may also use other tracking systems such as log files and pixel tags. For example, pixel tags, sometimes called web beacons, are similar in function to a cookie and can tell us certain information like what content has been viewed.
We may also receive information about you from other users of the Website, such as in reviews, communications to us, or other feedback. We may also receive information about you or your vehicle, such as vehicle history information based on your VIN, from our third-party business partners to assist with creating listings for any vehicles you post on our Website.
Use of Your Information
We may use the information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- Providing our services, including creating listings and promotions for any vehicles you list on our Website, facilitating vehicle sales and purchases, establishing and managing user accounts, providing products and services you request, and providing customer support.
- Providing, developing, maintaining, personalizing, protecting, and improving the Website and our services offerings to you and others, including dealerships.
- Operating, evaluating, debugging, identifying and repairing errors, effectuating similar functional enhancements, and improving our Website or other services.
- Understanding how you and other users use our Website, performing analytics, analyzing and reporting on usage and performance of the Website and marketing materials, and determining what features and services may interest you and other users.
- Communicating with you and others, including responding to your requests, sending you newsletters, and providing promotional information.
- Offering, marketing, or advertising products, programs, and services from us, our affiliates, business partners, and select third parties to you, including through targeted advertising.
- Storing information about your preferences, recognizing you when you use the Website, and customizing your experience.
- Creating aggregate or deidentified data.
- Protecting the legal rights, property, safety, and security of us, our users, our employees, and others.
- Protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and participating in any prosecution or enforcement of laws or agreements meant to prevent or punish such activity.
- Complying with applicable law, other legal requirements, and industry standards.
- Evaluating or participating in an actual or potential merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, including as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceedings.
- For such purposes as you may authorize.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information we collect about you:
- To other users of the Website or our services, such as:
- To vehicle sellers, including dealerships. For example, your contact information may be shared if you contact a seller about a vehicle listing.
- To prospective or actual vehicle purchasers. For example, if a user wishes to contact you about a listing, your contact information about you may be shared with that purchaser.
- On public pages. For example, we may share reviews you submit or make seller information such as your name and profile image available on publicly accessible vehicle listings.
- To our affiliates and subsidiaries.
- To our business customers and partners, such as dealerships and vehicle or original equipment manufacturers.
- To our contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our organization, which may include support of any of the data uses described above.
- To comply with applicable law, other legal requirements, and industry standards.
- To investigate or prevent unlawful activities or misuse of the Website.
- To protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and participating in any prosecution or enforcement of laws or agreements meant to prevent or punish such activity.
- To operate, evaluate, debug, identify and repair errors, effectuate similar functional enhancements, and improve our Website or other services.
- To protect the legal rights, property, safety, and security of us, our users, our employees, and others.
- To an actual or potential buyer, successor, or other organization in the event of an actual or potential merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, including as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceedings.
- To such other parties as you may authorize.
If you have an account on the Website, you can change your information through your profile settings or contact us as described in the Contacting Us section below to request a change to your information. You may also delete your account if you so choose.
You may also follow instructions contained in our marketing and promotional emails to opt out of future marketing and promotional emails.
You also may choose not to provide the personal information we request through the Website. However, not providing information we request may restrict your ability to use certain features of the Website. For example, you may be able to restrict the collection of personal information or functionality through your device’s operating system or by disabling cookies, but doing so may prevent you from using the functionality of the Website.
Some Internet browsers have a “do-not-track” feature that let you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. At this time, the Website does not respond to browser “do-not-track” signals. We may allow third parties to use the Website to collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites, applications, and other online products or services.
For information about interest-based advertising, and to opt out of this type of advertising by third parties that participate in self-regulatory programs, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) opt out tool (http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/) and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising (https://youradchoices.com/). Please note that any opt-out choice you exercise through these programs will apply to interest-based advertising by the third parties you select, but will still allow the collection of data for other purposes, including research, analytics, and internal operations. You may continue to receive advertising, but that advertising may be less relevant to your interests.
The Website may include links to other websites, applications, information, and services provided by third parties, including but not limited to vehicle history and safety recall services, sale transaction platforms, and social media networks. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of those third parties. We encourage you to review the applicable privacy policies of such third parties if you elect to follow the links provided.
Receipt, Collection, Use, Disclosure, and Processing of Personal Information by Other Website Users
As described in the Disclosure of Your Information section above, we may share certain information that you submit to the Website with other users of the Website, such as vehicle sellers (including dealerships) and prospective or actual vehicle purchasers. This Policy does not apply to the receipt, collection, use, disclosure, or other processing of this information by other Website users. If you have questions regarding another user using, disclosing, or processing your information, please contact that user directly.
Shine the Light
California’s “Shine the Light” law (California Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits California residents with whom we have an established business relationship to request certain information regarding our disclosures of certain types of their personal information (as defined by that law) during the preceding year, if any, to third parties for those parties’ own direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us as described in the Contacting Us section below.
Changes to this Policy
We may update this Policy to reflect changes in our privacy practices at any time and without prior notice to you. When we do so, we will update the Effective Date of the Policy, above. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact us by email at [email protected] or by postal mail at:
EV Universe Inc.
Attn: Privacy Office
13200 Strickland Road