The Kia Soul EV is an affordable electric city car that incorporates a modern design and a spacious interior, emphasizing its eco-friendliness and standing out as a compact electric vehicle in the market. This Kia Soul EV checklist will guide you through your buying experience.
(A) Kia Soul EV Checklist: Pre-Pickup Items
1. Check all dealership paperwork for the correct name and address for all buyers.
2. Confirm that the actual vehicle’s VIN matches all of your paperwork.
3. Verify that the vehicle’s body color, interior, options, and wheels match what you configured.
4. Bring proof of down payment having been made if sent before, and the final payment if required.
5. Bring a printed insurance card if possible, or a digital copy if not available.
6. Download the Kia Connect App.
(B) Kia Soul EV Checklist: Exterior Inspection
1. Inspect the body exterior paint for any defects.
2. Check under the car for signs of damage or scratches from test drives or transport.
3. Check along all body panels for gaps or misalignment, especially the hatch gap, charge port door, passenger side door, and quarter panel alignment.
4. Inspect the wheel rims for any damage, and ensure all four valve stem covers on the tires are in place.
5. Inspect all the glass surfaces, ensuring they are clear and without any damage.
6. Check for proper windshield trim installation.
7. Test all doors to ensure they open and close easily.
8. Check all exterior lights for any condensation.
9. Inspect the all-weather seals around door gaps and windows for any damage or poor fitment.
10. Test the opening of the hatch and unlocking of the doors with the key fob.
(C) Kia Soul EV Checklist: In The Driver’s Seat
1. Verify that the vehicle is charged to 100% if required for travel to your home destination.
2. Set up the driver profile and seat memory system.
3. Check the display screen for any error messages.
4. Ensure that the latest system software updates are installed by checking for updates on the system screen.
5. Check each window operation for speed and any noises.
6. Make sure the heat and air conditioning work at full power.
7. Make sure the heated seats, steering wheel, and vented seats (if equipped) are functioning properly.
8. Test the sound system to ensure all speakers, including the amp, are working.
9. Test steering wheel repositioning.
10. Test the vehicle’s horn.
11. Check the windshield for any distorted view.
12. Test the windshield wipers.
13. Test the backup camera.
14. Check the side mirrors folding and positioning operation.
15. Check the sun-visor operation and mirror condition.
16. Check the rearview mirror for clarity.
17. Understand the different drive modes and how to switch between them.
18. Understand the different regen modes and how the paddle shifters work.
19. Test navigation and voice command functionality.
(D) Kia Soul EV Checklist: Interior Inspection
1. Inspect the interior upholstery and all surfaces for any damage or issues with build quality.
2. Check the windshield and windows for any cracks, chips, or distortion.
3. Ensure that all seat belts are in proper operation and condition.
4. Check the seats for any noises and test all directions of adjustment.
5. Verify that the rear seats fold down properly.
6. Test the back seat by pulling upwards to ensure it is securely attached.
(E) Kia Soul EV Checklist: Connectivity Inspection
1. Test the connectivity in the USB ports, including the USB-A port in the front of the car and the USB-Cs in the rear passenger area.
2. Check if the 12-volt DC receptacle has power.
3. Test music streaming and phone streaming to ensure they work properly, and verify that the Sirius trial is activated.
4. Test the operation of the key fobs.
5. Pair your smartphone to the vehicle via Bluetooth.
(F) Kia Soul EV Checklist: Lighting Inspection
1. Check the vanity mirror lights and front lights.
2. Check the dome light.
3. Inspect and check all door lights, including the latch and window buttons.
4. Check the steering wheel control lights.
5. Check the glovebox operation, including the light.
6. Check the trunk lights.
7. Test the headlights (low and high beam).
8. Check the front and rear turn signal lights.
9. Check the brake lights.
(G) Kia Soul EV Checklist: Inspect Charging Ability
1. Check that the charge port door opens and latches correctly.
2. Verify the charge port indicator light.
3. Test the charger on-site.
4. If available, test the charging at Level 2 and Level 3 chargers.
(H) Kia Soul EV Checklist: App Setup And Final Items
1. Sync the Kia Connect App to the vehicle.
2. If there are multiple drivers, add them to the driver profile on both the app and the vehicle.
3. Set up the Electrify America account and load 1,000 kWh of charging code into your profile using the code from the Kia Connect app.
4. Set up the Verizon Wireless hotspot trial and connect your phone to it.
5. Verify any additional items that were specified as being included with the purchase.
Disclaimer: Electric Vehicle Buyer Guides provided by EV Universe are for educational purposes only and do not constitute advice on the acceptability, performance, pricing or any other factor of the purchasing experience of a vehicle.
More on EV Universe:
- Explore More EVs: Check out our comprehensive listings page for detailed information on top electric vehicles.
- Shop EV Parts: We’re more than just a source of information. Browse our extensive marketplace for a variety of EV parts and products.
- Insights & Updates: Stay updated in the world of electric vehicles with our insights section. Dive into our in-depth reviews, educational pieces, and the latest news.