The Nissan Ariya is a stylish electric SUV that combines a spacious interior and a powerful electric engine with advanced electric technology, setting a benchmark in the electric vehicle landscape. This Nissan Ariya checklist will guide you through your buying experience.
(A) Nissan Ariya Checklist: Pre-Pickup Items
1. Check all dealership paperwork for the correct name and address for all buyers.
2. Confirm the actual vehicle’s VIN matches all of your paperwork.
3. Verify that the vehicle’s body color, interior, options, and wheels match what you configured.
4. Bring proof of down payment having been made if sent before, and the final payment, if required.
5. Bring a printed insurance card if possible, if not, bring a digital copy.
6. Download the MyNISSAN App.
(B) Nissan Ariya Checklist: Exterior Inspection
1. Inspect body exterior paint for defects.
2. Inspect under the car for signs of damage or scratches from test drives or transport.
3. Check along all body panels for gaps or misalignment, especially the hatch gap, charge port door, passenger side door / quarter panel alignment.
4. Inspect wheel rims for damage, and all 4-valve stem covers on tires.
5. Inspect all glass. It should look clear with no damage.
6. Check for proper windshield trim installation.
7. Test all doors to ensure they open and close easily.
8. Test opening and closing of the hatch with auto-close button. The hatch should latch and seal automatically.
9. Check all exterior lights for condensation.
10. Inspect the all-weather seals around door gaps and windows for damage and fitment.
11. Test opening hatch and unlocking doors with the key fob.
(C) Nissan Ariya Checklist: In The Driver’s Seat
1. Verify the vehicle is charged to 100% (if required for travel to the home destination).
2. Set driver profile and seat memory system.
3. Check for any error messages on the display screen.
4. Make sure the latest system software updates are installed by checking for updates on the system screen.
5. Navigate to the charging station waypoints by pressing the charge station icon and make sure they load properly.
6. Test the wireless phone charger.
7. Check each window operation for speed and any noises.
8. Make sure heat and air conditioning work at full power.
9. Make sure heated seats work (if equipped).
10. Test the sound system to ensure all speakers are working, especially the amp.
11. Test steering wheel repositioning.
12. Test the vehicle’s horn.
13. Check the windshield for a distorted view.
14. Test the windshield wipers.
15. Test the rearview camera.
16. Test the turn signal cameras.
17. Check side mirrors folding and positioning operation.
18. Check sun-visor operation and mirror condition.
19. Check the rearview mirror for clarity.
20. Understand the different drive modes and how to move between them.
21. Test navigation and voice command.
(D) Nissan Ariya Checklist: Interior Inspection
1. Inspect interior upholstery and all surfaces for damage or issues with build.
2. Check the windshield and windows for cracks, chips, or distortion.
3. Check all seat belts for proper operation and condition.
4. Check seats for noises – check all directions of adjustment.
5. Check that the rear seats fold down properly.
6. Test the back seat to ensure it is securely attached by pulling upwards.
(E) Nissan Ariya Checklist: Connectivity Inspection
1. Test connectivity in USB ports – there is 1 USB-A/1 USB-C in the front of the car and 1 USB-A/USB-C in the rear passenger area.
2. Check if the 12-volt DC receptacle has power.
3. Test the connectivity of the wireless phone charger.
4. Test key fobs operation.
5. Pair your smartphone to your vehicle via Bluetooth.
(F) Nissan Ariya Checklist: Lighting Inspection
1. Check vanity mirror lights and front lights.
2. Check the dome light.
3. Inspect/check all door lights, including latch and window button.
4. Check steering wheel control lights.
5. Check glovebox operation including light.
6. Check trunk lights.
7. Test the headlights (low & high beam).
8. Check the front and rear turn signal lights.
9. Check the brake lights.
(G) Nissan Ariya Checklist: Inspect Charging Ability
1. Check that the charge port door opens and latches correctly.
2. Check the charge port indicator light.
3. Test the charger on-site.
4. Test at Level 2 and Level 3 charger, if available.
(H) Nissan Ariya Checklist: App Setup And Final Items
1. Sync the MyNISSAN App to the vehicle.
2. If there is more than one driver, add them to the driver profile on the app and on the vehicle.
3. Verify any additional items that were specified as being included with the purchase.
Disclaimer: Electric Vehicle Buyer Guides provided by EV Universe are for educational purposes only and do not constitute advice on the acceptability, performance, pricing or any other factor of the purchasing experience of a vehicle.
More on EV Universe:
- Explore More EVs: Check out our comprehensive listings page for detailed information on top electric vehicles.
- Shop EV Parts: We’re more than just a source of information. Browse our extensive marketplace for a variety of EV parts and products.
- Insights & Updates: Stay updated in the world of electric vehicles with our insights section. Dive into our in-depth reviews, educational pieces, and the latest news.