The Nissan Leaf is an affordable electric hatchback with a modern design and a spacious interior. It is a popular electric car that prioritizes eco-friendliness. This Nissan Leaf checklist will guide you through your buying experience.
(A) Nissan Leaf Checklist: Pre-Pickup Items
1. Check all paperwork for the correct name and address for all buyers.
2. Confirm the actual vehicle’s VIN matches all of your paperwork.
3. Verify that the vehicle’s body color, interior, options, and wheels match what you configured.
4. Bring proof of down payment having been made if sent before, and the final payment, if required.
5. Bring a printed insurance card if possible, if not, bring a digital copy.
6. Call pickup location to confirm the vehicle is on-site (no delay in shipping).
7. Download the MyNISSAN App.
8. Check for any outstanding recalls [Here].
(B) Nissan Leaf Checklist: Exterior Inspection
1. Inspect body exterior paint for defects.
2. Inspect under the car for signs of damage or scratches from test drives or transport.
3. Check along all body panels for gaps or misalignment, especially the hatch gap, front hood alignment, and general fender gaps.
4. Inspect wheel for damage or paint defects, confirm aerocovers (hubcaps) are in the vehicle, if equipped.
5. Inspect all glass. It should look clear with no damage. If the vehicle is equipped with double-pane glass, check for distortion at different levels.
6. Check for proper windshield trim installation.
7. Check for discoloration / rainbow hue of surrounding trim.
8. Test all doors to ensure they open and close easily.
9. Confirm the charge port can be opened from the outside with the vehicle unlocked.
10. Check all exterior lights and cameras for condensation.
11. Inspect all-weather seals around door gaps and windows for damage and fitment.
12. Confirm the correct number of key cards/keys come with the vehicle.
13. Test unlocking and locking of the vehicle with the key cards/keys.
(C) Nissan Leaf Checklist: In The Driver’s Seat
1. Verify the vehicle is charged at 80%+ (if required for travel to home destination).
2. Check for any error messages on the dashboard.
3. Confirm proper VIN and Spec.
4. Try navigating to a set location to confirm navigation is completely loaded.
5. Test wireless phone charger. You may need to remove your phone case.
6. Check each window operation for speed and any noises.
7. Make sure heat and air conditioning work at full power. Be sure to move air vents all around and follow the airflow to confirm proper function.
8. Make sure heated seats are working, if equipped.
9. Test the sound system to ensure all speakers are working, including the amplifier if equipped.
10. Adjust the vehicle’s steering wheel and mirror adjustments. Confirm that both are working and have full movement.
11. Test the vehicle’s horn.
12. Test the vehicle’s exterior pedestrian speaker (mandated in September 2020).
13. Check windshield for distorted view. Try this from the driver’s and passenger’s seat.
14. Test the windshield wipers.
15. Test the rearview camera.
16. Test the turn signals.
17. Check sun-visor operation and mirror condition.
18. Check the rearview mirror for clarity.
19. Confirm the key cards/keys start the vehicle.
20. Check the glovebox for fitment and opening/closing.
21. Confirm that you can open and close the front hood and hatch.
(D) Nissan Leaf Checklist: Interior Inspection
1. Inspect interior upholstery and all surfaces for damage or issues with build.
2. Check the windshield and windows for cracks, chips, or distortion.
3. Check all seat belts for proper operation and condition.
4. Check seats for noises and all directions of adjustment.
5. Check that the rear seats fold down properly and pull up normally.
(E) Nissan Leaf Checklist: Connectivity Inspection
1. Test power in USB ports.
2. Check DC receptacle(s) have power, if equipped.
3. Pair your smartphone to your vehicle via Bluetooth.
(F) Nissan Leaf Checklist: Lighting Inspection
1. Check vanity mirror lights.
2. Check dome light.
3. Check all door lights.
4. Check glovebox operation, including light.
5. Check trunk lights.
6. Check headlights (low & high beam).
7. Check front and rear turn signal lights.
8. Check brake lights.
(G) Nissan Leaf Checklist: Inspect Charging Ability
1. Check that the charge port door opens and latches correctly.
2. Check charge port indicator light.
3. Test charger on site.
4. Test at level 2 and level 3 charger, if available.
(H) Nissan Leaf Checklist: App Setup And Final Items
1. Sync MyNISSAN App to the vehicle.
2. If more than one driver, add them to the driver profile on the app and on the vehicle.
3. Set the App as the Vehicle’s key. Confirm all actions work accordingly.
4. Verify any additional items that were specified as being included with the purchase.
– Mobile charger
– Floor mats
Disclaimer: Electric Vehicle Buyer Guides provided by EV Universe are for educational purposes only and do not constitute advice on the acceptability, performance, pricing or any other factor of the purchasing experience of a vehicle.
More on EV Universe:
- Explore More EVs: Check out our comprehensive listings page for detailed information on top electric vehicles.
- Shop EV Parts: We’re more than just a source of information. Browse our extensive marketplace for a variety of EV parts and products.
- Insights & Updates: Stay updated in the world of electric vehicles with our insights section. Dive into our in-depth reviews, educational pieces, and the latest news.