Welcome to the latest edition of the EV Universe Electric Newsletter #007, your go-to source for all things electric vehicles!
In each edition, we take a closer look at the exciting developments in the EV world and dive into the latest news and trends shaping the industry. From the latest makes and models to advancements in electrification, to innovative accessories and technologies, we’ve got you covered.
Join us on this journey. Let’s explore the future of sustainable transportation and its electrifying impact on our world. In this edition, we are covering U.S leading in long range EVs, Ford E-Transit leading in electric van market, and Airstream and Porsche creates concept for a modern trailer.
“US leads the world in longest range electric cars as demand for longer distances drives EV sales”
- The average electric car sold in the US today can travel about 300 miles on a single charge. This is the highest average among the world’s major automotive markets.
- U.S. drivers prefer large vehicles and long journeys, driving demand for large batteries in electric vehicles.
- Manufacturers are responding by producing long-range electric vehicles, with some models offering ranges of over 500 miles.
- Demand for long-range EVs will see U.S. EV sales triple from 2020, with long-range models accounting for the majority of sales.
- The ideal range for an EV in the US is projected to be around 250-350 miles, depending on location, and EVs now account for 7.6% of domestic car sales.
“Ford’s E-Transit Completes 12 Million Miles, Saving Over 745,000 Gallons of Gas and Leading Electric Van Market“
- Ford’s all-electric E-Transit vehicle has traveled over 12 million miles since it was launched in February 2022.
- E-Transit is a popular choice for commercial operations and last-mile delivery.
- EVs have saved over 745,000 gallons of gas. This equates to more than 4.3 million kg of CO2 saved from entering the atmosphere.
- Ford Pro CEO Ted Cannis says companies around the world are turning to battery electric technology and E-transit is at the forefront of this revolution.
- Ford has invested $95 million to increase annual production by 38,000 has created 1,100 union jobs. Production is expected to increase next month.
“Airstream and Porsche team up for modern travel trailer concept”
- Airstream and Porsche have teamed up to develop a camper concept that can be towed by a small SUV or electric vehicle.
- The trailer is a modern looking model with an aerodynamic truncated flat design and a hatchback setup that allows the interior of the trailer to open to the outside.
- Featuring a completely flat bottom, the trailer has aluminum outer panels, carbon fiber composites and the omission of the brand’s traditional rivets to reduce drag.
- The concept is similar in length to the 16ft Caravel RV Trailer, but is more compact, shorter in height and fits in a standard garage when not in use.
- Airstream is considering producing the trailer in the future, but neither company has confirmed if the concept will eventually go into production. A premium price is expected once the trailer goes into production.