Welcome to the latest edition of the EV Universe Electric Newsletter #009, your go-to source for all things electric vehicles!
In each edition, we take a closer look at the exciting developments in the EV world and dive into the latest news and trends shaping the industry. From the latest makes and models to advancements in electrification, to innovative accessories and technologies, we’ve got you covered.
Join us on this journey. Let’s explore the future of sustainable transportation and its electrifying impact on our world. In this edition, we are covering the 2024 Kia EV9, BMW i5, and Volkswagen ID. 2all concept car.
“First Look at the 2024 Kia EV9: A Breakthrough Electric Mid-Size SUV with Spacious Interior and High-End Features“
- The 2024 Kia EV9 is an electric midsize 3-row SUV that debuts as Kia’s first entry into the popular midsize 3-row SUV segment.
- The EV9 stays true to the concept design presented in 2021, combining sharp edges, rounded shapes and a ‘refined boxiness’.
- The EV9 is expected to have ample headroom in the second and third row, with the second row seats having capability to swivel back and a minimalist interior design aimed at creating a airy atmosphere.
- Kia has yet to confirm the EV9’s powertrain, battery capacity, range or dimensions, but it is expected to have one rear motor or one at each axle for all-wheel drive. and priced between $50,000 and $70,000.
- The EV9 is expected to have a range of around 300 miles and charge even faster than the Kia EV6. Details of the new infotainment system have yet to be announced. It is expected to go on sale in late 2023 or early 2024.
“BMW Teases Fully Electric i5 Sedan and Touring for 2023 and Confirms M Performance Version”
- BMW has released the first official teaser for the all-electric i5. The model will be available in both sedan and touring body styles, with the sedan slated to come in an M Performance option.
- The i5 sedan features unique LED headlights and a 3-box silhouette, but a more practical i5 Touring is coming in 2024.
- BMW has announced that the all-electric performance model from BMW M GmbH will be included in the new BMW 5 Series sedan, similar to the i4 M50, the best-selling BMW M model in the world in 2022.
- ICE-equipped 5-Series powertrains include petrol and diesel options with 48-volt mild hybrid technology, as well as plug-in hybrids.
- The new BMW 5 series comes with BMW curved display and Linux-based BMW Operating System 8.5, which may be updated to Android-based OS 9.0 in the future. The 5 Series is manufactured at the Dingolfing plant in Germany along with the 7 Series, 8 Series and iX.
“Volkswagen Unveils ID. 2all: A New Breakthrough in Electric Mobility for the Masses“
- Volkswagen is committed to making the company a ‘Love Brand‘ with the ID.2all electric car through cutting-edge technology and great design.
- The ID. 2all production version will be launched in 2025 for the European market with a target starting price of less than 25,000 euros or ~$26,400, depending on current exchange rates.
- The ID. 2all is based on the latest evolutionary stage of modular electric drive (MEB) with front-wheel drive and advanced drive, battery and charging technology.
- The ID. 2all demonstrates Volkswagen’s new design language with a clear, strong look, a friendly face and timeless elegance.
- Volkswagen plans to launch 10 new electric vehicle models by 2026, with the widest range of electric vehicles compared to its competitors, reaching an 80% share of electric vehicles in Europe.