The Subaru Solterra is a stylish electric SUV, offering a spacious interior and a long range, while emphasizing its eco-friendliness and versatility as an electric vehicle in the market. This Subaru Solterra checklist will guide you through your buying experience.
(A) Subaru Solterra Checklist: Pre-Pickup Items
1. Check all dealership paperwork for the correct name and address for all buyers.
2. Confirm the actual vehicle’s VIN matches all of your paperwork.
3. Verify that the vehicle’s body color, interior, options, and wheels match what you configured.
4. Bring proof of down payment having been made if sent before, and the final payment, if required.
5. Bring a printed insurance card if possible, if not, bring a digital copy.
6. Download the SUBARU SOLTERRA CONNECT App.
(B) Subaru Solterra Checklist: Exterior Inspection
1. Inspect body exterior paint for defects.
2. Inspect under the car for signs of damage or scratches from test drives or transport.
3. Check along all body panels for gaps or misalignment, especially the hatch gap, charge port door, passenger side door / quarter panel alignment.
4. Inspect wheel rims for damage, and all 4-valve stem covers on tires.
5. Inspect all glass. It should look clear with no damage.
6. Check for proper windshield trim installation.
7. Test all doors to ensure they open and close easily.
8. Test opening and closing of the hatch with auto-close button. Hatch should latch and seal automatically.
9. Check all exterior lights for condensation.
10. Inspect the all-weather seals around door gaps and windows for damage and fitment.
11. Test opening hatch and unlocking doors with key fob.
(C) Subaru Solterra Checklist: In The Driver’s Seat
1. Verify the vehicle is charged to 100% (if required for travel to home destination).
2. Set driver profile and seat memory system.
3. Check for any error messages on the display screen.
4. Make sure the latest system software updates are installed by checking for updates on the system screen.
5. Check each window operation for speed and any noises.
6. Make sure heat and air conditioning work at full power.
7. Make sure heated seat / steering wheel work (if equipped).
8. Test the sound system to ensure all speakers are working, especially the amp.
9. Test steering wheel repositioning.
10. Test vehicle’s horn.
11. Check windshield for distorted view.
12. Test the windshield wipers.
13. Test the turn signal cameras.
14. Check side mirrors folding and positioning operation.
15. Check sun-visor operation and mirror condition.
16. Check the rearview mirror for clarity.
17. Test navigation and voice command.
(D) Subaru Solterra Checklist: Interior Inspection
1. Inspect interior upholstery and all surfaces for damage or issues with build.
2. Check the windshield and windows for cracks, chips, or distortion.
3. Check all seat belts for proper operation and condition.
4. Check seats for noises – check all directions of adjustment.
5. Check that the rear seats fold-down properly.
6. Test back seat to ensure it is securely attached by pulling upwards.
(E) Subaru Solterra Checklist: Connectivity Inspection
1. Test connectivity in USB ports – there is 1 USB-A/2 USB-C in the front of the car and 2 USB-Cs in the rear passenger area.
2. Check 12-volt DC receptacle has power.
3. Test both key fobs operation.
4. Pair your smartphone to your vehicle via Bluetooth.
(F) Subaru Solterra Checklist: Lighting Inspection
1. Check vanity mirror lights and front lights.
2. Check dome light.
3. Inspect/check all door lights, including latch and window button.
4. Steering wheel control lights.
5. Check glovebox operation including light.
6. Trunk lights.
7. Headlights (low & high beam).
8. Front and rear turn signal lights.
9. Brake lights.
(G) Subaru Solterra Checklist: Inspect Charging Ability
1. Check that the charge port door opens and latches correctly.
2. Check charge port indicator light.
3. Test charger on site.
4. Test at Level 2 and level 3 charger, if available.
(H) Subaru Solterra Checklist: App Setup And Final Items
1. Sync the SUBARU SOLTERRA CONNECT App to the vehicle.
2. If more than one driver, add them to driver profile on the app and on the vehicle.
3. Verify any additional items that were specified as being included with purchase.
Disclaimer: Electric Vehicle Buyer Guides provided by EV Universe are for educational purposes only and do not constitute advice on the acceptability, performance, pricing or any other factor of the purchasing experience of a vehicle.
More on EV Universe:
- Explore More EVs: Check out our comprehensive listings page for detailed information on top electric vehicles.
- Shop EV Parts: We’re more than just a source of information. Browse our extensive marketplace for a variety of EV parts and products.
- Insights & Updates: Stay updated in the world of electric vehicles with our insights section. Dive into our in-depth reviews, educational pieces, and the latest news.